the Maxwell's

the Maxwell's
Us at Easter 2012

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

NOT mom enough

While going through my news feeds on facebook I came across this blog http://www.desiringgod.org/ and the topic was about being "mom enough". There isn't a day goes by that I don't feel like I am "enough" and that was before I had 4 kids. I am a sinful human and everyday, there are moments when I try to be enough. After reading this blog, I took a look around and I thank the Lord that I am no enough and that HE is because I am a big fat fail right now. Because I have two sleeping babies in the house unattended....
Laundry that is clean and folded and yet will sit on the landing for a few more days.
Dinner dishes still on the table (notice my nutritious dinner of a bowl of cereal and a glass of pepsi)
Finn playing outside with a dirty face and wearing a wet and dirty hat to complete is mismatched clothes because he already got his first pair of pants sopping wet.
Joshua with dinner still on his face
and shoes on the wrong feet. I look at all that, and all I can say is that I am thankful that my kids have more then me. They have a Savior who loves them and I can only hope and pray that they will one day choose to live their lives for Him. I know that I am not mom enough but I am thankful that I have a God who is enough and who gives more that enough.

6 comments:

Citizen Atheist said...

No parent feels like a super-parent. We're all beginners whether or not we have other kids. Don't feel bad about being imperfect or making mistakes. However, you don't need God to be a good parent. In fact, religion tends to get in the way and set unreal expectations.

Jen Wait said...

As i was posting my own blog, i decided to look at others, I don't very often, I have to say, good word sister, I never feel like I am enough, but He most defiantly is, keep up the GOoD work!! praise his holy name.

Nehru jacket said...

Finally, an issue that I am passionate about. I have looked for information of this caliber for the last several hours. Your site is greatly appreciated

Anonymous said...

Download The Maze Runner : http://www.themazerunner2014.com/

Download Guardians Of The Galaxy : http://www.gotgmovie2014.com/

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

Inspirational though for someone who has said over internet she will abort tomorrow. Will you please pray it doesn't happen?

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

Here was my own reaction to that news:

"Aborting because not enough mature"? WHAT?